Entry Level Position
- Fitness Specialist will be expected to assist fitness director in all aspects which include:
- Lead and fill in for group exercise classes daily: land and water.
- One on One personal training.
- Design prehab, rehab and maintenance programs for Independent Living.
- Encourage physical activity for all residents at our Assisted Living level.
- Oversee and promote use of fitness center on our Assisted Living level.
- Maintain cleanliness of the fitness center.
- To utilize and apply anatomy, exercise physiology, and biomechanics through daily routines.
- To be able to devise safe routines for seniors citizens.
- Assess needs of clientele and develop goal specific exercise routines.
- Learn to organize, develop and teach group exercise classes.
- MOST IMPORTANT: Connect and build relationships with our seniors.
- Actively participates as a member of a team and committed to working toward team goals
- Must have College Degree related to Sports Science/Kinesiology
- One (1) year job related experience preferred in senior living communities
- Ability to lead activities and motivate volunteers and fellow team members for their involvement in the social events and various scheduled social activities
- Maintains a current appropriate federal and state license such as CDL (commercial driver’s license) and/or chauffeur license, applicable state license with an acceptable driving record in accordance with State, Federal Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations and Sunrise policy
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Possess written and verbal skills for effective communication and the ability to facilitate small group presentations
- Competent in organizational, time management skills
- Demonstrates good judgment, problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to make responsible choices and decisions and act in a resident’s best interest
- Ability to work semi-independently without direct supervision by following community procedures and guidelines and have the ability to follow through on assigned tasks
- Demonstration of proficiency in computer skills, Microsoft Office (Windows, Outlook, Excel) and Sunrise applications with the ability to learn new applications