- Assists residents with any special needs during transportation; such as carrying packages, opening doors, assisting residents onto and out of the vehicle and to the point of destination
- Provides miscellaneous pickup and delivery services as needed
- Coordinates the activities of other Sunrise Senior Living team members who are performing in a driver assistance role, spotter or resident care capacity
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have appropriate federal and state license such as a CDL (commercial driver's license) and chauffeur license and/or applicable license per state regulation with an acceptable driving record in accordance with Federal Department of Transportation (DOT) and state regulations
- Must be knowledgeable of all safety precautions and comply with safety procedures
- Ability to react calmly in emergency situations and be considerate
- Ability to operate a chair lift and secure regular and mechanical wheelchairs and scooters
- Ability to work semi-independently without direct supervision by following all community procedures and the ability to follow through on assigned tasks, and demonstrate initiative.
Sunrise considers the health and safety of its residents, family members, and team members as its highest priorities. All offers of employment with Sunrise are conditioned on completing and passing a background and drug test, participating in mandatory vaccine programs (e.g., Covid-19, Flu), participating in testing requirements (e.g. Covid-19, TB) and using designated PPE when required.
Sunrise Senior Living offers a comprehensive benefits plan to eligible team members including health, dental, vision, retirement benefits, short-term disability, long-term disability, and paid time off. Team members may also be eligible to receive a bonus based on their position. Some leadership roles are eligible to receive annual bonuses. All team members have the potential to receive spot bonuses and other incentive awards.