Championing quality of life for all seniors-it's the mission and responsibility of every Sunrise team member. To achieve that, we invest in our team. New team members complete a comprehensive Sunrise training curriculum focused on the care and well-being of our residents. As a part of the Sunrise team, supporting our Mission, Principles of Service and Core Values is a fundamental part of this job. Sunrise provides a challenging and fulfilling opportunity for the right candidate with the unique responsibilities for this role including but are not limited to the functions listed below:
• Support overall corporate communications and other strategic initiatives including critical communications related to our business strategy and development, research, partners, residents and communities, global impact, and financials.
• Brand reputation management:
o Support issue and crisis communications with operations leaders and community teams.
o Generating positive press for Sunrise; working with the media on proactive and reactive opportunities including identifying stories/angles in coordination with community teams, managing inquiries, building relationships and news monitoring.
• Identify, read, and engage with important media outlets to understand what the media is looking for and how Sunrise Senior Living can add value with expertise, thought leadership and trends.
• Manage Sunrise’s contributed content program – working with leaders across the business to build an editorial calendar of interesting topics, and pitch/ secure interest in those topics with media. Manage the creation, editing, and approvals for articles to secure published coverage.
• Collaborate with Internal Comms to elevate coverage to internal teams so that useful pieces of news media is shared with teams in a timely manner and useful format.
• Cultivate and maintain relationships with print, online, and broadcast media outlets across trade, regional, and national verticals.
• Drafting and editing content, including customer-facing materials on behalf of executive leadership, press releases, blog and byline articles, talking points and messaging, presentations, letters, and web copy.
• Manage the press release process, including release editorial calendar and wire distribution.
• Manage media coverage and trends and prepare results summaries for regular reviews/reports.
• Measuring the impact of communications activities; regularly monitoring results and feedback to successfully enact changes to programs. Effectively reporting results across the team and to leadership that reflects an understanding of business goals.
• Designing and leading the execution of the content marketing strategy for the blog, social media, and other owned channels to meet defined goals and positively impact lead acquisition and nurturing efforts.
• Support managing key vendors according to budget and planning priorities.
• Support development of PR plans and strategies for specific campaigns and on a quarterly/annual basis.
• Willing to work effectively and collaboratively in a hybrid work environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed throughout this job description are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required.
• Bachelor’s degree with 4-7 years of public relations, corporate communications, journalism, and/or marketing experience; a mix of agency and in-house experience is a plus.
• Willingness to take initiative and ‘get things done’ to complete projects.
• Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills with the ability to respond to media-related situations quickly, efficiently, and effectively.
• Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills; demonstrated talent interacting with a diverse team member population.
• Prior experience with high-visibility clients and executives with a track record of being a steady, trusted counselor.
• Strong understanding of public relations and corporate communications, as well as general marketing. Basic understanding of content marketing.
• Ability to support and develop comprehensive, multi-channel strategic marketing & communications plans that reflect an understanding of the company’s goals and initiatives, with tactics to help achieve them.
• Strong initiative and ability to support multiple projects/roles in evolving environments, both individually and within a team.
• Resilient, with the ability to work to deadlines and maintain high levels of professionalism while managing multiple demands.
• Ability to quickly build relationships with Corporate Marketing & Communications team members and work collaboratively to contribute to all team initiatives.
• Experience in healthcare and/or hospitality industry will be helpful but not required.
Sunrise maintains a safe and drug-free work environment and all offers of employment with Sunrise are conditioned on submitting to and successfully completing and passing a background check and drug test.
Sunrise Senior Living offers a comprehensive benefits plan to eligible team members including health, dental, vision, retirement benefits, short-term disability, long-term disability, and paid time off. Team members may also be eligible to receive a bonus based on their position. Some leadership roles are eligible to receive annual bonuses. All team members have the potential to receive spot bonuses and other incentive awards.