- Evaluates resident's interest and involvement in Life Skill
- Develops Life Skills tailored to each resident's unique needs and abilities
- Engages residents in Life Skills throughout the day and evening
- Assist in maintaining an inventory of Life Skills programming supplies
- As applicable, assist residents with daily care of any animals and/or plants as part of the Life Skills program and services.
- One (1) year experience working with memory impaired seniors
- High School diploma / GED accepted and may be required per state regulations; certification(s) may be required per state regulations
- Ability to motivate, encourage residents; knowledge of how to adapt life skills to the cognitive and functional ability of each resident
- Inspire, motivate and encourage volunteers and fellow team members to engage residents in meaningful, purposeful activities throughout the day and evening
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Possess written and verbal skills for effective communication
- Competent in organizational & time mgmt skills
- Demonstrates good judgment, problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to make responsible choices, decisions and act in a resident's best interest
- Ability to work semi-independently without direct supervision by following community procedures and guidelines, ability to follow through on assigned tasks
- Basic proficiency in computer skills, Microsoft Office with the ability to learn new applications.
Sunrise maintains a drug-free work environment and all offers of employment with Sunrise are conditioned on submitting to and successfully completing and passing a drug and alcohol test.